Time management is a great skill to have but mastering it isn’t always so easy, especially when you’re running a busy real estate sales business. Below are five great tips to put some time back into your day and make you a more productive agent.
Time Saving Tips for Real Estate Agents
1. Make use of drip marketing plans. Use your real estate contact management system and assign your contacts to a pre-designed drip marketing campaign. This helps you automate some of your marketing because emails will automatically be sent at various time intervals on your behalf. In addition to using drip marketing plans to keep in touch with prospects and clients, you can use your real estate contact management software to send out a professionally designed and written e-Newsletter. This saves you time because you don’t have to design an e-Newsletter, write articles for it, and send it out every month.
2. Start your day off with a plan. Ask yourself, “What is it that I want to accomplish today?” Set daily, monthly, and yearly goals and carve out a plan of action for achieving them.
3. Make a schedule and set reminders. Schedule your phone calls, your client appreciation nights, your time off, and your meetings. Use your real estate contact management system to set reminders (and send you email reminders) so you don’t have to rely on your memory.
4. Use a calendar and task list. A calendar and task list make a big difference when it comes to being organized and saving time so start using them! Each morning, take a look at your calendar and task list and see what appointments and tasks are lined up. You may want to print your task list out and check off each item on the list as it’s completed.
5. Prioritize. Once you know what needs to be accomplished, you need to do one more thing before you dive into the work: prioritize. Some tasks may be larger than others and take more time to complete. Similarly, there will be tasks that are more urgent in that there is a deadline associated with them. Take these things into consideration before you start working. If you have 10 small tasks that will take you four hours to complete and two big ones that will take you weeks, you may want to get the small ones out of the way first. And of course, those urgent activities should get priority.
We hope that these tips will prove useful in helping you better manage and organize your time. Remember that the right technology tools, such as a real estate contact management system, are vital to all of the tips discussed in this article.
Posted on February 28, 2017